About Me

My photo
Segamat, Johor, Malaysia
Greetings~ My name is..as displayed above. It sounds "I DO" in mandarin 。◕‿◕。 I'm currently a first year student doing Bachelor of Science with Education ( TESL) in UTM. Fond of reading, writing, blogging, eating, tickling laughters, loving and being loved ❤ Dream to becoming my family's pride&joy and my students' good teacher one day...Yes I do ❤

Saturday 28 April 2012

Cabling

My dad always tells me, " You must have cable if you'd like to succeed your career."


Cable Cable, what does that mean? XD


In terms of telecommunication and networking, cabling is a medium through which information usually moves from one network device to another.




Several types of cable are commonly used with LANS. But in some cases, a network utilizes only 1 type of cable.


There are 5 types of Cable:




1.Unshielded Twisted Pair ( UTP) 




- Wires are twisted.
- 4 pairs of wires
- each pair is twisted with a different number of twists per inch 
- eliminate interference from adjacent pairs and other electrical devices




Standard connector: an RJ-45 connector 




2.Shielded Twisted Pair ( STP )







- 2 individual wires wrapped in a foil shielding
- provide more reliable data communication
- suitable for environment with electrical interference
- the extra shielding might make the cable bulky
- Often used on networks like  Token Ring Topology




3. Coaxial Cabling






- has a single copper conductor at its center
- a plastic layer provides insulation between the center conductor and a braided
  metal field.
- The metal shields help to block outside interference


-Connector : BNC connector ( available for different types of adapters)




4. Fibre optics cable



-consists of a center glass core surrounded by several layers of protective materials
- transmits light rather than electronic signals eliminating the problem of electrical interference.
-ideal for certain environments that contain a large amount of electrical interference..
- able to transmit signals over much longer distances than coaxial and twisted pair.






 



Physical Topology





Find stationary written notes boring? Click this video ^^




My little reflection of the day: 



Today my classmates shared us the baby steps of creating a blog.Very interesting. And I realise that the particulars of a blog are much more complex than what I know superficially.

I think class presentation is very immportant as it clearly points out our ignorance. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment